Grief is a passion to endure. People can be stricken with it, victims of it, stuck in it. Or they can meet it, get through it, and become quiet victors through the active, honest and courageous process of grieving
Journey to Wholeness: Healing the Grieving Heart
Sundays, April 14 to May 26, 6:15 to 8:00 pm on Zoom
All faiths are welcome!
Whether you are grieving a recent loss or one from years ago, you will benefit from this free, seven-week, online program led by Patricia Williams, RN, a certified pastoral bereavement counselor. She is joined by a team of trained facilitators who provide support and lead breakout groups for individuals struggling with similar losses, including loss of a parent, child, sibling, spouse, job, health and/or pet. More than 2,800 people have participated in the program since its creation in 2010.
- To better understand and explore the grief process through sharing and mutual support.
- To learn ways of coping with and processing our emotions.
- To learn how to take care of ourselves on our journey.
- To accept the loss and explore ways to move on and grow in our lives.
- To learn how to reach out to others and accept their help.
- To affirm our spiritual connection as a source of comfort.
"I thank you and your team for everything that you are doing to create such necessary, safe and encouraging bereavement healing space. Being with other grievers, I felt myself soften into the truths of my loss in a profound way. I’m so grateful for that small step forward."
"I still struggle with giving myself permission to grieve, and our meeting time gave me some space to do so. I am glad I had this opportunity. Thank you all with my heartfelt gratitude."
Every person is free to express their own feelings, which are neither “good” nor “bad.” No one is judge of another. All sharing is confidential. It is only in this atmosphere that we can trust, and our relationships grow while we experience healing.